Otto Zenke Student Design Awards
Otto Zenke Showcases Interior Design Creativity!
2021-22 Winning Projects Below!
About the Awards Program
Each year, this competition asks students to design an awe-inspiring project based on certain criteria for the judges to consider. This award gives both scholars and their programs the opportunity to showcase their creativity, professionalism, and the chance to win scholarship money along with recognition throughout the Carolinas.
Projects submitted must be produced individually (no group projects) and can be Residential, Commercial, or Mixed-use in nature. The minimum project square footage is 2800 square feet. No standard floor plan is required. Students are permitted to repurpose projects they have already completed if they meet the competition requirements. Any projects entered in other competitions (local or national) are still eligible for submission..
Any undergraduate student enrolled in an Interior Design or Interior Architecture program in North or South Carolina can enter the contest. You do not need to be a student member of ASID to compete. If a student is awarded the top award, a matching award will be given to the design program if the school has an active ASID Student Chapter.
- Naomi Lytle – FIRST PLACE
- Libby Montgomery – SECOND PLACE
- Molly Terra – THIRD PLACE
- Leslie Webb – HONORABLE PLACE
- Isaac Wood – FIRST PLACE
- Alyssa Gomes – SECOND PLACE
- Audrey Amsden – THIRD PLACE
- Robyn Strong – HONORABLE MENTION
- Carly Lawing – FIRST PLACE
- Appalachian State University – FIRST PLACE
- Lauren Makenzie Halford – SECOND PLACE
- Naomi Lytle – THIRD PLACE
- Morgan Sotto – HONORABLE MENTION
2022 Otto Zenke Winners
Click on the student's name below to view their winning project (PDF)
“Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration.”
- Thomas Edison
"Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.”
- Albert Einstein